Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... RedBLACKgOLd: Ayur Herbal Astringent With Aloe Vera Review

Saturday 1 March 2014

Ayur Herbal Astringent With Aloe Vera Review

Today I would be reviewing an Astringent. I generally just wash my face and apply moisturizer, and upon go-ogling I learnt it is very important to tone your face and is as important as cleansing and moisturizing... So currently it is a part of my daily routine. Many people like me would be confused between a toner or an Astringent. So I have listed a couple of them below from this link  here and you can make your choice.


Toner: Toners are more suitable for use on dry or sensitive skin because they don't contain harsh chemicals or alcohol that can dry or irritate the skin. The harsh ingredients in facial toners can actually leave the skin feeling drier and even itchy, which can lead you to touching and scratching your face, which could lead to further skin problems. They are used to clarify the skin, keep the skin hydrated and moisturized, refresh tired complexions, reduce the appearance of fine lines, improve skin tone, and restore the skin's natural pH balance.
Astringent: Astringents are more suitable for use on oily skin or combination dry and oily skin. Since the alcohol in astringents helps to remove excess oil and dirt on the skin, it aids in giving the skin a matte appearance. Using a facial toner, however, may leave the skin with an oily appearance. Astringents can tighten the skin's pores and help reduce acne by controlling oils and removing impurities that usually lead to blemishes and breakouts. Additionally, astringents work by removing dead skin cells, dirt and makeup.
So after the essay on toners and astringent... lets move on to the review.
What it claims: This with Aloe vera and suitable for all skin types. Ayur's Astringent lotion is a herbal preparation which:
1. Contains aloe Vera , Camphor and mint
2. It's antiseptic and cooling properties check over secretion of sebum.
3. It is best suited for oily, acne- prone and problematic skin.

How to Use:
Never rub on the skin, always pat it with a cotton wool. Apply it before putting make up.

My review: The Astringent comes in a white see through bottle with a dark green screw cap. You need to pierce the tight shut lid inside to use the product. The liquid itself is sea green color and thereby giving the appearance of a green bottle. It has a minty scent which is very refreshing. I bought it only cause I have been having breakouts about a year and a half back. I love using this right after washing my face with warm water and after patting it dry I apply the astringent. It immediately refreshes my skin as well as closing my pores in the process. I bought it purely because this was herbal and that it has aloe Vera which is very mild for the skin and also that it treats acne. 







I  also use it as an antiseptic as well in case of an acne breakout or any small open wounds on face and neck. As mentioned above this astringent is currently a part of my daily routine. I personally prefer astringent for removing dirt over cleansing milk as I found astringent more effective in removing dirt. Love this product and it last really really long.

Pros:
1. Refreshes my skin.
2. Closes my pores. upon regular usage minimizes the pores.
3.  I do not have oily skin, but I have an acne prone skin and so this really helps
4. Really really cheap... Price INR75 for 200 ml

Con:
No ingredients list on the bottle. But I think the newer bottles comes with the ingredient list.

Rating: 5/5
Will I repurchase it: No,  I want to try some other astringent... I have been using this for ages now.
Have you tried this product? Please leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment